ABRAHAMSSON, Bernhard J.
Title: International Ocean Shipping : Current Concepts and Principles. tan cloth
Publisher:  Westview Press, Boulder, CO, 1980, ISBN:0891588752 1980
ISBN Number: 0891588752 / 9780891588757
Seller ID: 50549
ABRAHAMSSON, Bernhard J. International Ocean Shipping : Current Concepts and Principles. Boulder, Colorado : Westview Press, (1980). First Edition. Pp. (8),vii-xv,(3),1-232,(4), including tables and diagrams to text. 8vo, tan cloth, blue lettering to spine and upper board.
Published in cooperation with the Canadian Marine Transportation Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada.
Rickaby, Shipping Business and Maritime Economics: An Annotated International Bibliography 586.
"The purpose of this book is to provide a basic text in international ocean shipping and to serve as a basis both for an understanding of how the industry functions and for the problems and issues that arise because of its international character. -from the text.
1. Merchant Shipping in Transition: An Overview;
2. Transportation Economics;
3. Basic Concepts and Principles;
4. Freight Rates and Tariffs;
5. The Elements of Ocean Shipping;
6. Functional Types of Ships;
7. Types of Transport Contracts;
8. Marine Insurance;
9. Rate Determination: The Tramp and Liner Markets;
10. Flags of Registry;
11. International Organizations.
B. International Conventions on Bills of Lading;
C. International Conventions on Marine Pollution Controls.
With bibliography and index
A few instances of highlighting, small spot to front board, else very good. 20.00