RITCEY, Ross N.
Title: History of the Ovens : A Story of the 1861 Gold Rush
Publisher:  Ritcey Enterprises Ltd., 0,
Seller ID: 16783
[RITCEY, Ross N.]. History of the Ovens : A Story of the 1861 Gold Rush. N.pl.: Ritcey Enterprises Ltd., n.d. - [early 1960s?]. Pp. (2),3-32. Illustrated. 12mo, photo-illustrated stapled cream card covers with black lettering to front cover.
Preceded by an introductory piece, the following extracts are contained herein:
1. entries made by Adolphus Gaetz, Esq, in 1861 and 1862;
2. an excerpt from The Halifax Morning Chronicle, August 3, 1861;
3. an excerpt from the Morning Chronicle, August 15, 1861;
4. extracts from a letter from Joseph Howe to the Earl of Mulgrave, September 4, 1861;
5. an excerpt from the Morning Chronicle, September 4, 1861;
6. a letter by S.P. Fairbanks, Crown Lands Department, dated September 23, 1861;
7. Our Gold Fields, November 21, 1861;
8. Chief Gold Commissioners Office, Halifax, N.S., August 20, 1863, re: "The Ovens";
9. Recent Tragedy at The Ovens, Lunenburg Co., extracted from The Morning Chronicle, December 7, 1861 [regarding the death of James R. McDonald at the hands of F. Traunweizer];
10. M. Elliot's poem "The Ovens Chapel";
11. Hazel F. Goddard's poem "I Know the Spot"; and a concluding piece marking the 25th anniversary of the opening of the park at The Ovens.
A very good copy. Due to its small size, shipping costs should be a bit cheaper than quoted. 30.00