WILSON, William. Newfoundland and Its Missionaries. In Two Parts. To which is added a Chronological Table of all the Important Events that have occured on the Island. Cambridge, Mass.: Printed by Dakin & Metcalf / Halifax, N.S.: Sold at the Weslayan Book Room, 1866. Pp (4),[iii]-xii,(4),17-448,(2). 8vo, brown pressed cloth.
4. Displanting the inhabitants. St.John's Captured. French in Placentia. St.John's captured a second time. Governor Osborne. Surrogate Courts. St.John's captured a third time. Great Storm. Admiral Richery. First Newspaper. St.John's burned. The Rals. Sir Thomas Cochrane. First Parliament. Steamers. Visit of the Prince of Wales.
4. Methodism in Old Perlican - John Haskins Arrives - Writes to Mr. Wesley - Preaches - Persecution in Trinity - Mr. Streetons Writes to Mr. Wesley for a Preacher - His Reply - Arrival of John McGeary - Early Methodist Preachers - [...];
5. John McGeary - Visit of Rev. William Black - George Smith - William Thoresby - John Remmington - William Ellis - Samuel McDowell - William Ward - Sampson Busby [...];
6. Newfoundland District - Plan for the Management of the Missions - Bay Circuits - St. John's Circuit - Great Fire - Citizens of Boston - Bonavista Circuit - Persection - The Fishery (pp.202-214) - The Winter Season;
7. Sabbath-Breaking - Anecdote of Mrs. Locke - The Carbonear Captain - John Pickavant - John Lewis - Methodism in Burin - Thomas Hickson - James Hickson - Station for 1817 - New Circuits - Harbour Grace - Trinity - Western Bay - Fortune Bay - Hants' Harbour - .Captain Vicars - Hedley Vicars - Sabbath Schools;
10. Seals and the Seal Fishery - Varieties of the Seal - Outfit of the Sealers - Religious Services - Anecdote - Method of Taking Seals - Sabbath-Breaking at the Ice - Return of Vessels - Numbers of Seals Taken - Numbers of Vessels Employed - Size and Character of Sealing-Vessels (pp. 273-287);
11. Mission to the Labrador Indians - Moravian Mission - Adam Clark Avard - Newfoundland District - Thomas Hickson's Mission - Richard Knight's Mission - George Ellidge's Mission - Charles Bate - Withdrawal of the Mission (pp.208-304).
12. The Red Indians - Their Habits - Killed by White Men - Attack a Party of White Men - Captain Buchan - Mary March - Three Lost Indians Seen - Shanandithit (305-318);
13. Stations for 1825 - Conference Death-Roll- William Croscombe - Simeon Noall - Charles Bate - John Corlett - Merciful Preservation of the Writer - Stations for 1828 - John Tomkins - John Smithies - Joseph Butterworth - Dr. [James] Townley - Missionary Income for 1828.