JONES, David R., (ed.) Dalhousie Centre for Foreign Policy Studies series)
Title: Perestroika and the Soviet Armed Forces . First Bedford Colloquium on Soviet Military-Political Affairs, August 28-September 1, 1989 : Proceedings
Publisher:  Dalhousie University Centre for Foreign Policy Studies, Halifax, 1989, ISBN:0770307489 1989
ISBN Number: 0770307489
Seller ID: 72067
JONES, David R., (ed.). Perestroika and the Soviet Armed Forces. First Bedford Colloquium on Soviet Military-Political Affairs, August 28-September 1, 1989 : Proceedings. Editor: David R. Jones. Technical editor: Sandra Sackett. (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada) : Dalhousie Centre for Foreign Policy Studies, 1989. First Edition. Pp. (2),i-iv,1-408,(2). 8vo, illustrated red card covers.
A volume in the Dalhousie University Centre for Foreign Policy Studies series.
1. Richard F. Kaufman's "Changing Patterns in Defence Expenditures",
2. Robert Arnett's "Perestroika in Decision-Making in National Security Policies",
3. Harriet F. Scott's "Repopulating the High Command",
4. Patrick Armstrong's "The Implication of Gorbachev's Perestroika for Military Doctrine",
5. Jacob Kipp's "The New Military Doctrine",
6. Mary FitzGerald's "The Dilemma in Moscow's Defensive Force Posture",
7. David Glantz's "Soviet Operational Art and Tactics in an Era of Reform",
8. Les Grau's "The Impact of Doctrinal Change on the Operational and Tactical Arts",
9. Hank D. Thompson's "Resistance to Perestroika in the Soviet in the Soviet Army",
10. William F. Scott's "Perestroika in the Soviet Aerospace Forces",
11. Pelham Boyer's "Perestroika in the Fleet" (pp.279-310, including discussion),
12. Eugene Rumer's "Reform in the Soviet Armed Forces Toward A Volunteer",
13. Daniel N. Nelson' "The Impact of Perestroika on the Non-Soviet Warsaw",
14. Arthur Alexander's "The Reallocation of Soviet Weapons: Procurement Priorities",
15. Carl Jacobsen's "The Soviet Military and Arms Control".
Very good. 35.00