Quantity: 1 available
(Boston – Metropolitan Park Commissioners). Report of the Board of Metropolitan Park Commissioners. January, 1893. Commonwealth of Massachusetts, House – No. 150. Pp [i]-xvi,-147,(1),+ 31 plates + 14 maps, plans, diagrams (4 folding). (Boston : Metropolitan Park Commissioners, 1893). First Edition. 8vo, maroon pressed cloth, gilt lettering to front board and spine.
An Act to establish a Board of Metropolitan Park Commissioners. Report of the Commission.
Report or the Secretary – Part First :
1. Need of an Ample Provision of Open Spaces, and Difficulties in the Way of obtaining them;
2. The Logical Method of solving this Problem;
3. Special Advantages that will follow the Adoption of this Plan.
Part Second –
1. An Examination of the Separate Features under Consideration;
2. Boston Bay, — Its Islands and Shores; 3. Inland Features of the North and West Metropolitan Region – Lynn Woods;
4. The Charles River;
5. Features of the South Metropolitan Region. — The Neponset River;
6. Lakes and Ponds of the Metropolitan District.
Part Third –
1. Special Pleasure-ways, or Roads for Light Traffic;
2. Local Pleasure Grounds, Playgrounds and Breathing Spots.
Report of the Landscape Architect :
1. A summary of the physical and historical geography of the metropolitan district;
2. A study of the way in which the peculiar geography of the metropolitan district ought to govern the selection of the sites of public open spaces;
3. A review of the opportunities which still present themselves for creating new open spaces in accordance with the governing considerations just laid down.
Spine sunned, cloth rubbed, edges worn, hinges shaky, one folding map loose, occasional foxing and smudging, front endpapers full of names in pen, else good only. As is. 150.00
Title: Report of the Board of Metropolitan Park Commissioners. January, 1893 - Boston
Publisher: Metropolitan Park Commissioners, Boston, 1893,: 1893
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 93887