Quantity: 1 available
FLEMING, Sandford. England and Canada : A Summer Tour between Old and New Westminster with Historical Notes. Montreal : Dawson Brothers, Publishers, 1884. First Canadian Edition. Printed by Gazette Printing Company, Montreal. Pp (4),[v]-xi,(1),1-449,(1). Index. 8vo, rebound in maroon cloth, gilt lettering to spine.
Sir Sandford Fleming (b. January 7, 1827, Kirkcaldy, Scotland - d. July 22, 1915, Halifax) was a Scottish-born Canadian engineer and inventor, known for proposing worldwide standard time zones, Canada's postage stamp, a huge body of surveying and map making, engineering much of the Intercolonial Railway and the Canadian Pacific Railway.
2. Halifax to Liverpool.
4. England (continued).
5. England to Canada.
6. Nova Scotia [pp.102-118].
7. Halifax to Quebec.
8. Quebec, Montreal, Ottawa.
9. Toronto to Lake Superior.
10. Lake Superior to Winnipeg.
11. Winnipeg, Hudson's Bay Company, Lord Selkirk.
12. Winnipeg to Calgary.
13. Calgary to the Summit.
14. Down Kicking-Horse Valley.
15. To the Summit of the Selkirks.
16. Down the Ille-Celle-Waet.
17. Down the Ille-Celle-Waet (continued).
18. Through the Eagle Pass.
19. Kamloops to the Coast.
20. On Pacific Waters.
21. British Columbia.
22. Home by the Northern Pacific.
23. The Indians [pp.380-393].
24. The Canadian Pacific Railway.
Rebound in cloth with new endpapers, name on flyleaf, else very good., tight and clean 80.00
Title: England and Canada : A Summer Tour between Old and New Westminster with Historical Notes. First Canadian Edition.
Publisher: Dawson Brothers, Publishers, Montreal, 1884,: 1884
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 94126