Quantity: 1 available
(Queen Victoria). Queen Victoria in Scotland 1842. Edinburgh : A. & C. Black / Glasgow : John Finlay / London : John Murray, 1842. First Edition. Pp [i]-iv,(2),-88,-28,(2), frontispiece + engraved title page + 17 other engravings. Folio (278 x 378 mm), red leather spine, colour illustrated paper-covered front board, white decorated paper covered rear board, all edges gilt.
List of Illustrations :
1. Grand Gothic Hall at Taymouth Castle during the Ball.
2. Medallion Portraits of her Majesty and Prince Albert [title page].
3. Edinburgh Castle, Mons Meg, Royal Cortege, and general view of the City.
4. High Street of Edinburgh,—Royal Procession.
5. Dalkeith Palace, the day of the Levee.
6. Levee at Dalkeith Palace.
7. Part II., Illustrative Title-Page,—Tour in the Highlands; Four Vignettes.
8. Triumphal Arch, Entrance into Perth, Presentation of Keys, &c.
9. Dunkeld, Royal Pavilion, &c.
10. Highland Dancing at Dunkeld before her Majesty.
11. Taymouth Castle, from a point near the Battery.
12. Reception of her Majesty, and Royal Salute, at Taymouth.
13. Dancing by Torchlight at Taymouth.
14. Presentation of Game to her Majesty.
15. Embarkation on Loch Tay.
16. Drummond Castle.
17. Deer-Stalking, Glenartney Forest.
19. Embarkation of her Majesty and Suite at Granton [with stern view of the paddle steamer Trident, serving as temporary royal yacht].
ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGES WILL BE REQUIRED DUE TO ITS WEIGHT.
Spine renewed in scarlet leather, heavy wear to covers, some soiling and foxing to text and plates, piece renewed to front endpaper, else very good,
with an 1844 Montreal gift inscription and a calling card laid in of Lady Seymour / Miss Seymour / Miss Laura Seymour, [likely Princess Victor of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (Laura Williamina Seymour; December 17, 1832 – February 13, 1912, wife of Victor Ferdinand Franz Eugen Gustaf Adolf Constantin Friedrich of Hohenlohe-Langenburg GCB (11 December 1833 – 31 December 1891), also known as Count Gleichen, was an officer in the Royal Navy,). 350.00
Title: Queen Victoria in Scotland 1842. First Edition.
Publisher: A. & C. Black / John Finlay /: John Murray, Edinburgh / Glasgow / London , 1842,: 1842
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 95335