Quantity: 1 available
VanderZWAAG, David, (ed.). Canadian Ocean Law and Policy. Toronto and Vancouver : Butterworths, (1992). Pp (6),[vii]-xxxiv,-546,(4). Maps, tables, charts throughout. 8vo (162 x 235 mm), light grey-blue cloth, gilt lettering to front board & spine.
David L. VanderZwaag was teaching at Dalhousie University, Halifax at the time of publication.
Part I. – Living Resources Development and Management.
1. Canadian Fisheries: Paradigms and Policy (by Anthony T. Charles).
2. Federal Fisheries Law and Policy: Controls on the Harvesting Sector (by John Meaney).
3. The Legal Framework for Canadian Aquaculture: Issues in Integrated Ocean Management (by S.Scott Coffen and A. Smillie).
4. The Risky Business of Commercial Fishing (by Cynthia Lamson).
5. The Management of Transboundary Stocks: Atlantic Salmon and Northern Shrimp (by Owen Myers).
6. The Management of Straddling Stocks: Stilling the Troubled Waters of the Grand Banks (by David VanderZwaag).
7. Non-Consumptive Utilisation of Marine Mammals in Canada: International and National Regulation (by Susan L. Waters).
8. Fisheries Surveillance and Enforcement (by John W. Lavers and Iain S. Stewart).
Part II. – Non-Renewable Resource Development and Management.
9. Canadian Offshore Non-Renewable Resources: Law and Policy Issues (by Neil Stalport).
Part III. – Shipping Development and Management.
10. Canadian Ports: Evolving Policy and Practice (by John Gratwick and Wade Elliott).
11. Shipping Law in Canada: From Imperial Beginnings to National Policy (by Norman Letalik and Edgar Gold).
12. Too Hot to Handle: The Law and Policy of the Carriage of Dangerous / Hazardous Goods / Wastes (by Moira L. McConnell).
Part IV. – Canada and Marine Environmental Protection.
13. The Health of Canada's Marine Environment: Problems and Opportunities (by R.P. Cote).
14. The Protection of Special Marine and Coastal Areas (by Robert Graham, Neil Stalport, David VanderZwaag, Cynthia Lamson, Mark Butler, and Darlene Boyle).
Part V. – Aboriginal Peoples and Marine Resources.
15. Aboriginal Peoples and Marine Resources: Understanding Rights, Directions for Management (by M.E. Turpel).
Part VI. – Free Trade and Ocean Resources.
16. The Canada-United States Free Trade Agreement and the Canadian Fishing Industry (by Ted L. McDorman).
Part VII. – Canada and Ocean Boundaries.
17. International Ocean Boundary Issues and Management Arrangements (by Dawn Russell).
Part VIII. – Maritime Strategy.
18. The Role of Maritime Strategy in Ocean Development and Management (by Fred W. Crickard).
Business card affixed to inside front cover, else very good. With an card signed from the editor to one of the contributors laid in. 265.00
Title: Canadian Ocean Law and Policy.
Publisher: Butterworths, Toronto and Vancouver , 1992, ISBN:0409806641: 1992
ISBN Number: 0409806641
ISBN Number 13: 9780409806649
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 91573