Quantity: 1 available
ANSON, Peter F. Scots Fisherfolk. With Illustrations by the Author. (Edinburgh) : Published for The Saltire Society by the Banffshire Journal Ltd., 1950. First Edition. Pp (12),-166,(2), frontispiece + 8 pp plates. Maps. 8vo, blue cloth, silver lettering to spine.
1. Scottish Sea Fisheries in the Past.
2. The Social Background of the Fisher Folk.
3. Religion and Superstitions.
4. The East Coast.
5. Orkneys and Shetlands.
6. The WestCoast—Mainland and Islands.
7. Methods of Fishing—Trawling, Drift Net, Ins hore, etc.
8. Fishing Vessels—Old and New. Maps;
Comparative Statistical Tables for 1938 and 1948;
Details of Old Types of Scottish Fishing Vessels.
Edges sunned, dent to bottom edge of back cover, else very good in rubbed and chipped, but unclipped, dustjacket. 45.00
Title: Scots Fisherfolk. With Illustrations by the Author. First Edition in dustjacket
Publisher: Published for The Saltire Society by the Banffshire Journal Ltd., Edinburgh, 1950,: 1950
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 93687