Quantity: 1 available
HANINGTON, Felicity, assisted by Captain Percy A. KELLY, M.B.E. The Lady Boats : The Life and Times of Canada's West Indies Merchant Fleet. (Halifax, Nova Scotia : "Published in Canada by Canadian Marine Transportation Centre, Dalhousie University", 1321 Edward Street, 1980). First Edition. "Printed by Josten's / National School Services Ltd., Winnipeg, Mamitoba, Canada" which accounts for its yearbook-like appearance. Pp (12), -175, (1). With 84 b&w photos as well as other illustrations in the text.. 8vo, blue faux leather hardcover, gilt lettering to front and spine. With map end-papers.
Hallett, Bermuda in Print : A Guide to the Printed Literature on Bermuda, 2nd ed., p. 95.
Limited to 3,000 numbered copies as per penned number at upper left of inside front cover.
Felicity Margot Hanington (b. July 16, 1956, Halifax, Nova Scotia – d. October 29, 2016, Victoria, British Columbia.) many years editor of Canada’s naval newspaper, Maritime Command Trident.
Percy Ambrose Kelly, MBE, (b. ?, England) served on all five Lady Boats, and was a survivor of the Lady Hawkins catastrophe. At the time of publication he lived in Burlington, Ontario,
1. In the Beginning;
2. Ports of Call;
3. Prohibition, Passengers and Crew;
4. The First War Years;
5. Unsung Heroes;
6. Adventures of the Lady Rodney;
7. The End of the War;
8. The Rise of the Unions;
9. Life and Death of Canadian National Steamships.
1. Lady Boat Dimensions;
2. Canadian National Steamships Fleet in 1929 / Canadian National [West Indies] Steamships;
3. Lady Nelson's Dinner menu;
4. General Arrangement of Lady Nelson;
5. Eastern Service Timetable;
6. Canadian Hospital Ship Lady Nelson / Hospital Ship Schedule;
7. Canadian National Steamships Wartime Fleet;
8. Awards and Medals;
9. World War Two Casualties;
10. Canadian National Steamships Fleet in 1955;
11. Final Disposition of Canadian National Steamships Fleet.
Very good in dustjacket. 40.00
Title: The Lady Boats : The Life and Times of Canada's West Indies Merchant Fleet. First Edition in dustjacket
Publisher: Canadian Marine Transportation Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, 1980,: 1980
ISBN Number: 0770301894
ISBN Number 13: 9780770301897
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 8827