Quantity: 1 available
EVANS, Edward R.G.R., Admiral Sir. South with Scott. With 31 photographs by Herbert Ponting. London : Collins, [n.d.]. Pp. (4),[v]-xii,1- + frontispiece + 32 pages of b&w plates and one folding map attached to rear free endpaper. 8vo, blue-grey cloth with dark blue decoration of a skiing Scott to front board, dark blue lettering to spine.
Admiral Edward Ratcliffe Garth Russell Evans, First Baron Mountevans, KCB, DSO, SGM (b. October 28, 1880, London, England – d. August 20, 1957, Golå, Norway).
Evans was a lieutenant, and the second-highest-ranking member of the ill-fated second Scott Antarctic Expedition in 1910-1913. Ponting was the camera artist on the expedition's scientific staff.
1. South Polar Expedition - Outfit and Aims;
2. Voyage of the Terra Nova;
3. Assembling of Units - Departure from New Zealand;
4. Through Stormy Seas;
5. Antarctica - Through the Pack Ice to Land;
6. Settling Down to the Polar Life;
7. Arrangements for the Winter;
8. The Winter Closes In;
9. Preliminary Expeditions;
10. Spring Depot Journey;
11. Preparations and Plans for the Summer Season;
12. Southern Journey - Motor Sledges Advance;
13. The Barrier Stage;
14. On the Beardmore Glacier and Beyond;
15. Return of the Last Supporting Party;
16. The Pole Attained - Scott's Last Marches;
17. The Second Winter - Finding of the Polar Party;
18. Adventures of the Northern Party;
19. Narrative of the Terra Nova.
Faint soiling to spine, very faint dampstain to upper right corner of first couple leaves (not affecting text or frontispiece), else very good. 40.00
Title: South With Scott.
Publisher: Collins, London,:
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 71992