Quantity: 1 available
FISHER, John. John Fisher Reports : An Anthology of Radio Scripts. [Vignettes] Illustrated by Cecil R. Barlow and Charles Mailer. Hamilton: Niagara Editorial Bureau Publishers, (November, 1949). First Edition. Pp. (2),i-iv,1-185,(1). 8vo, navy blue cloth with gilt lettering to front board and spine.
Foreword by W. Sherwood Fox.
A collection of CBC broadcast reports by the New Brunswick-born broadcaster.
1. Testing Time [" The challenge of Canada's conquests since Confederation"];
2. He Could Be Right [" Boom in oil, boom in building, boom in industry means tomorrow's dawn comes today to Alberta and Albertans"];
3. Barbara and Arthur ["A bitter-sweet romance of two young Canadians entrapped in a world drama"];
4. The Meandering Minister [on the Rev. Norman McLeod and his journey from Cape Breton to Waipu];
5. Twentieth Century Tea Party ["A close-up of Winston Churchill and a revolution today in our world, more important than the American War or Independence"];
6. I Followed My Wife ["A humorous insight of Mrs. Canada, everywhere"];
7. Ticket, Please [on commercial aviation, T.C.A., Trans-Canada AirLines, &c];
8. I Peek Behind the Porter on [on black porters on the CNR and CPR];
9. : Try Selling It [on the exodus to the United States and the national anthem, O Canada];
10. Christmas Card Town [on Quebec City];
11. The Growing Bridge [on Prague];
12. One In a Billion, or Is It a Quadrillion? [the story of two twin girls reuiniting] ;
13. Granny has Gone ["A gentle and understanding tribute to the wise women of Canada's farms"];
14. Romance of Seed [on wheat, &c] ;
15. If, As and When [on the coming Saint Lawrence Seaway, pp.86-93];
16. Mighty Mercy [missions from Winnipeg north to the Eskimos];
17. A Woman Caused It [Elizabeth Hughes of Perth, Ontario, the cause of the last duel fought in Canada];
18. We Did It [on Baie Comeau, Québec];
19. Two Wee a Story [on Scotland];
20. Don't Leave It to Leonard [on Leonard Knott];
21. Nobody Knows [on the man known as Jerome, the name given to the nearly dead, legless stranger who washed up on a Digby Neck beach in 1863, pp.132-134];
22. Lassos and Lace ["A melange of tea-sipping Victoria [Vancouver Island] and yip-yipping Cariboo where fish are caught on skates"];
23. I'ff Lotht My Teeth [on Lost and Found departments];
24. Sons of Sam;
25. Antic Anticosti [pp.154-156];
26. That Was Normandy ["A whole French village remembers and reveres one Canadian. Blood ties have a new meaning"];
27. No Bells in St. Mary's [St. Mary's, Ontario];
28. The Poet and the Lumberjack;
29. The Bard of Tantramar [on Charles G.D. Roberts, pp.173-179;
30. L'Envoi - Let's Get Together ;
The Author Reports.
Very good in lightly edgeworn, still-bright dustjacket. 20.00
Title: John Fisher Reports : An Anthology of Radio Scripts. First Edition, hardcover in dustjacket.
Publisher: Niagara Editorial Bureau Publishers, Hamilton, 1949,: 1949
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 109223