Quantity: 1 available
HOUSE, J. D., (ed.). Fish versus Oil : Resources and Rural Development in North Atlantic Societies. (St. John's) : Institute of Social and Economic Research, Memorial University of Newfoundland, (1986). Pp (8),[vii]-ix,(1),[-197,(3). Map. 8vo, illustrated tan card covers, lettered in red and black.
Social and Economic Studies No.18,
1. Introduction: Oil, Fish and Rural Development (by J. D. House).
2. The Pattern of Oil Impact on Scottish Rural Areas (by I. H. McNicoll);
3. The Conflicts Between the Oil and Fishing Industries in the North Sea (by G. A. Mackay).
4. Oil-Related Development in Burra Isle, Shetland (by Reginald Byron);
5. The Impact of Oil on the Shetland Economy and the Strategy for the Future (by AndrewBlackadder);
6. Fisheries and Oil: An Update of the Shetland Experience (b y John H. Goodlad).
7. Oil Activity and the Fishing Industry in Norway (by Steinar Andresen);
8. Oil — Threat or Salvation? : Norwegian Fishermen in a New Setting (by Bjorn Hersoug);
9. Fisheries and Oil: Is There a Conflict? (by Svein Jentoft).
Atlantic Canada :
10. Fish is Fish and Oil is Oil: The Case for North Sea Comparisons to Atlantic Canada (by J.D. House) ;
11. Prospects for Co-Existence: Interactions Between the Established Fishery and New Offshore Petroleum Development in Newfoundland (by S. G. Canning);
12. Fish and Oil : The Cultural Ecology of Offshore Resource Activities in Nova Scotia (by R. W. Heber).
Overview : 13. The Staples Trap (by Patricia Marshak).
Very good. 35.00
Title: Fish versus Oil: Resources and Rural Development in North Atlantic Societies Atlantic Societies.
Publisher: Institute of Social and Economic Research / ISER, St. John's, 1966, ISBN:0919666485: 1986
ISBN Number: 0919666485
ISBN Number 13: 9780919666481
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 110104