Quantity: 1 available
HEATON, Peter. Peter Heaton on Sailing. London : Adam & Charles Black, (1967). First Printing. Pp (4),-253,(1) + 16 pages of b&w photos. Also illustrated with many drawings and diagrams in the text. Large 8vo, red cloth, gilt lettering to spine.
Peter Heaton = Peter Stuart-Heaton (b. May 27, 1919 - d. August 23, 2003).
1. All at Sea - A General Introduction to the Sailing World;
2. Bill Jones Catches the Sailing Bug;
3. A Delight of Dinghies;
4. Examining a Yacht;
5. How to Sail;
6. Fitting Out;
7. Rope and How to Use It;
8. Simple Meteorology;
10. Making a Friend of the Tide;
11. Anchoring and Mooring;
13. Learning at the Bar;
14. Winter Quarters;
15. Some Rope Work in Winter;
16. The Origins of a Yacht's Rig;
17. Fireside Sailing [an annotated list of recommended reading].
Very good in dustjacket 30.00