Quantity: 1 available
DAWSON, John William. Acadian Geology. Edinburgh : Oliver and Boyd [and] London: Simpkin, Marshall, and Co. [and] J. Dawson and Son, Pictou, N. S., 1855. First Edition. Pp. [i]-xii, - 388 with four wood-engraved plates, 35 illustrations and large hand-coloured, engraved folding map "Geological Map of Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Part of New Brunswick". Small 8vo. Original brownish-violet cloth stamped in gilt and blind, and with gilt lettering to spine.
2. General Description of Nova Scotia;
3. Modern Alluvial Deposits;
4. The Drift, Diluvium or Boulder Formation;
5. The New Red Sandstone;
6. The New Red Sandstone (Continued);
7. The New Red Sandstone (Continued);
8. The Carboniferous System;
9. The Carboniferous System (Continued);
10. The Carboniferous System (Continued);
11. The Carboniferous System (Continued);
12. The Carboniferous System (Continued);
13.The Carboniferous System (Continued);
14. Devonian and Upper Silurian Systems;
15. Metamorphic District of the Atlantic Coast.
Spine faded, fore-corners bumped, some wear to all extremities. Light to moderate water-staining affects lower margin of most leaves (as well as -- more detractingly so -- corresponding portions of the map). Very slight foxing to some leaves, map (apart from the waterstaining) is somewhat browned and having neatly repaired 2 1/2" tear affecting design. Neat ink signature of an early owner to top of title page.
A good to very good copy . 800.00
Title: Acadian Geology. First Edition
Publisher: Oliver and Boyd, Edinburgh, 1855,: 1855
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 69156