Quantity: 1 available
PENNELL, T.L. Things Seen in Northern India. With Fify Illustrations. New York : E.P. Dutton and Company, 1912. First American Edition. Pp (6),vii-xv,(1),17-,(1) + frontispiece. The plates (mostly b&w photos) are included in the pagination. There are afew other illustrations in the text. 12mo, blue cloth, with gilt lettering and decoration to front and spine.
Theodore Leighton Pennell, M.D., B.Sc., F.R.C.S. (b. 1867, Clifton, Bristol, England - d. March 1912, Bannu, Pakistan).
1. First Impressions;
2. The People of the Country;
3. The Country and its Climate;
4. Modes of Travel;
5. Rajputana and the Native States of the North;
6. Dehli and its Empire;
7. The Religious Romance of the North;
8. Where Faiths are Born;
9. Rural Life;
10. The Mountaineers of the Borderlands.
With glossary and index.
Small stain to front board, else very good, with bright gilt, clean and tight. 25.00