Quantity: 1 available
PREECE, Sian (ed). The Routledge Handbook of Language and Identity. London and New York : Routledge Taylor and Francis Group, (2016). First Edition. Pp (8),ix-xxv,(1),1-617,(4), with 14 figures, 11 tables. 8vo (179 x 251 mm), art-illustrated paper-covered boards with white lettering to front and spine.
Part of the Routledge Handbooks in Applied Linguistics series.
Sian Preece is an applied linguist with a background in English language teaching. At the time of publication she was Senior Lecturer in Applied Linguistics and TESOL at the UCL Institute of Education.
"The Routledge Handbook of Language and Identity provides a clear and comprehensive survey of the field of language and identity from an applied linguistics perspective. Authored by specialists from around the world, each chapter introduces a topic in language and identity studies and provides a concise, crtiical survey in which the importance and relevance to applied linguists is explained." - from the text
Introduction : Language and identity in applied linguistics (Sian Preece).
Part 1 : Perspectives on language and identity.
1. Historical perspectives on language and identity (John E. Joseph).
2. Posititioning language and identity : Poststructuralist perspectives (Judith Baxter).
3. Identity in variationist sociolingiustics (Rob Drummond and Erik Schleef).
4. Ethnomethodological and conversation analytic approaches to identity (Bethan Benwell and Elizabeth Stokoe).
5. Language and identity in linguistic ethnography (Miguel Perez-Milans).
6. Discursive psychology and the production of identity in language practices (Jean McAvoy).
7. Critical discourse analysis and identity (Karin Zotzmann and John P. O'Regan).
Part 2 : Categories and dimensions of identity.
8. Language and ethnic identity (Vally Lytra).
9. Language, race and identity (Tope Omoniyi).
10. Linguistic practices and transnational identities (Anna De Fina).
11. Identity in post-colonial contexts (Priti Sandhu and Christina Higgins).
12. Language and religious identities (Ana Souza).
13. Language and gender identities (Lucy Jones).
14. Language and non-formative sexual identities (John Gray).
15. Class in language and identity research (David Block).
Part 3 : Researching the language and identity relationship : Challenges, issues and puzzles.
16. Ethics in language and identity research (Anna Kristina Hultgren, Elizabeth J. Erling and Qumrul Hasan Chowdhury).
17. A linguistic ethnography of identity : Adopting a heteroglossic frame (Adrian Blackledge and Angela Creese).
18. The politics of researcher identities : Opportunities and challenges in identities research (Frances Giampapa).
19. Challenges for language and identity researchers in the collection and transcription of spoken interaction (Eva Duran Eppler and Eva Codo).
20. Beyond the micro-macro interface in language and identity research (Kristine Horner and John Bellamy).
Part 4 : Language and identity case studies.
21. Constructing age identity : The case of Mexican EFL learners (Patricia Andrew).
22. The significance of sexual identity to language learning and teaching (Cynthia D. Nelson).
23. An identity transformation? Social class, language prejudice and the erasure of multilingual capital in higher education (Sian Preece).
24. Being a language teacher in the content classroom : Teacher identity and content and language integrated learning (CLIL).
25. Disability identities and category work in institutional practices : The case of a 'typical ADHD girl' (Eva Hjorne and Ann-Carita Evaldsson).
26. 'Comes with the territory' : Expert-novice and insider-outsider identities in police interviews (Frances Rock).
27. Language, gender and identities in political life : A case study from Malaysia (Louise Mullany and Melissa Young).
28. Straight-acting : Discursive negotiations of a homomasculine identity (Tomaso M. Milani).
29. Styling and identity in a second language (Ben Rampton).
30. Construction of heritage language and cultural identities : a case study of two young British-Bangladeshis in London (Qumrul Hasan Chowdhury).
31. Minority languages and group identity : Scottish Gaelic in the Old World and the New (John Edwards).
Part 5 : Future directions.
32. Intersectionality in language and identity research (David Block and Victor Corona). 33. Language and identity in the digital age (Ron Darvin).
34. Language and identity research in online environments : A multimodal ethnographic perspective (Myrrh Domingo).
35. Exploring neoliberal language, discourses and identities (Christian W. Chun).
36. The future of identity research : Impact and new developments in sociolinguistics (Bettina Beinhoff and Sebastian M. Rasinger).
37. Identity in language learning and teaching : Research agendas for the future (Peter de Costa and Bonny Norton).
Light coffee/tea stains to upper margin of first 30 pages, not affecting text. Else very good, clean and tight. 100.00
Title: The Routledge Handbook of Language and Identity. First Edition
Publisher: London and New York, Routledge Taylor and Francis Group: 2016
ISBN Number: 1138774723
ISBN Number 13: 9781138774728
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 116704
Keywords: RESEARCH LINGUISTICS LEARNING EDUCATION SPEECH ,