Quantity: 1 available
SERS, Rolf, M.D. My Story of Luck : Autobiography of An Immigrant Doctor from Latvia. (Antigonish, N.S., Canada) : The Author's Publication, 1990 ?. Second Printing. No printer given. "Printed in Canada". Pp (10), 11-207, (1). 8vo (133 x 208 mm), art-illustrated matte card covers, with black lettering to covers & spine.With a b&w photo of Sers on the rear cover.
The cover adds : An insight into life in the Baltic States.
"The author lets the reader relive with him his experiences from childhood through the war and post-war years in Germany and England."
Rolf Sers, M.D. (b. 1915, Riga, Latvia) .
An account of his European years, before moving to Nova Scotia (Goldboro, (Guyborough County), for 10 years, and then Antigonish).
: 1. Who am I.
2. My Early Years
3. Life in Riga.
4. School Years.
5. A Summer Paradise.
6. The Older Generation.
7. My Country between the Wars.
8. First Years of Medical School.
9. Cycling through Germany, 1936.
10. Compulsory Military Service, 1937-8.
11. Summer in Budapest, 1939.
12. My Country's Last Free Years.
13. Life under the Soviets, 1940-1.
14. Survival between Two 'Millstones.'.
15. Country Practice Goes On.
16. My First Years of War, 1943-4.
17. The Tide of the War Turns.
18. A Spell in Poland, 1944-5.
19. On Retreat, 1945.
20. Outwitting the Nazis.
21. D.P. Life with Incredible Reunions.
22. Off to England.
23. From England to Canada.
Faint spotting to covers, else very good. Signed, without Inscription, by the author. 45.00
Title: My Story of Luck : Autobiography of An Immigrant Doctor from Latvia. Second Printing, Signed
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 116993