Quantity: 5 available
CAREW, Terrence J. Among the Eagles : A Biography of Albert L. Pinsent. (St. John's : Good Tidings, 1988). First Printing. Pp (1),ii-xiii,(1),1-128,(2). With 42 b&w photos in the text as well as some drawings. 8vo, blue card covers, trade paperback.
Albert Leonard Pinsent `Pastor Bert`, Born July 23 1927, Grand Falls, Newfoundland, died Oct 14 1978, St. John's, and grew up in Grand Falls - Windsor, Newfoundland.
Terence Joseph Carew (b. March 4, 1953, Cape Broyle).
"A biography of a warrior of the faith who was called to higher service at an early age." - from the rear cover. Pinsent (1927-1978) was a renowned Pentecostal preacher.
1. Religious Awakening;
2. The Woman with the Bonnet [Alice Belle Garrigus from Rockville, Conn.];
3. Ol' Crippleback Church;
4. My Chains Were Snapped!;
5. Horses and Mighty Men;
6. Sticking to the Principles;
7. The City of 1,000 Islands [on Brockville, Ontario, where Highway Pentecostal Temple, King Street, was Pinsent's first pastoral charge];
8. "The Message of Life" [Zion Pentecostal Chruch, Stephenville, &c];
9. Fulfilling the Great Commission;
10. The Latter Rains;
11. The Glory of the Latter House [at Emmanuel Pentecostal Church, Deer Lake];
12. "O, Bring Back the King";
13. Moving the Hand That Moves the World ;
14. Down the Sawdust Trail;
15. What Kind of Fish Are You? [hunting, salmon-fishing, &c];
16. "In the Roof God Placed a Window";
17. A Vision of Heaven;
18. "Dad, Save Me a Seat at the Table";
19. Among the Eagles;
Appendix: Sample Sermonds of Albert L. Pinsent:
I. Badgers' Skins and Rams' Skins Dyed Red;
II. Four Winds Over Humanity.
Very good 25.00
Title: Among the Eagles : A Biography of Albert L. Pinsent. First Edition
Publisher: Good Tidings, St. John's, 1988, ISBN:092142602x: 1988
ISBN Number: 092142602X
ISBN Number 13: 9780921426028
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 4276