Quantity: 1 available
MacNEIL, Robert. The Right Place at The Right Time. Boston & Toronto : Little, Brown and Company, (1982). First Edition. Pp (16),3-333,(5). 8vo (150 x 213 mm), black cloth spine & gold paper-covered bds, with gilt lettering to spine.
Robert Breckenridge Ware "Robin" MacNeil, OC (b. January 19, 1931, Montreal).
"[...] in this candid adventure-filled memoir, MacNeil reveals his rarely seen and richly varied off-camera personality as e recalls some of the highlights of his career - the blunders and the blind luck along with the scoops, the dangerous missions, the exclusive interviews with world figures as diverse as Charlie Chaplin and the Ayatollah Khomeini."
With the Halifax chapter "White Christmas" (pp.12-18).
1. The Reluctant Reporter;
2. White Christmas;
3. Early Days in London;
4. Britain: Political Education;
6. The Congo;
8. The Berlin Wall;
9. Stories from Britain;
10. Finland : More Adventures in the Cold War;
11. A Guest of Fidel Castro (pp.159-175);
12. The Long Hot Summer of 1963;
13. Did I Really Meet Lee Harvey Oswald? (pp. 198-216);
14. Travels with Barry and Lyndon;
15. Vietnam Metaphors;
16. Adventures in Fairness with Richard Nixon;
17. The MacNeil / Lehrer Report;
18. The Queen at the White House.
Very good in rubbed, nicked, price-clipped dustjacket. 25.00
Title: The Right Place at The Right Time. First Edition in dustjacket
Publisher: 1982,: 1982
ISBN Number: 0316542903
ISBN Number 13: 9780316542906
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 4600