Quantity: 1 available
St. CLAIR, David. The Mighty, Mighty Amazon. New York : Funk & Wagnalls, . First American Edition. Printed in Great Britain. Pp (6),vii-xv,(1),1-304 + 16 pages of b&w plates. 8vo, blue-green cloth, gilt lettering to spine. With map end-papers.
David St. Clair (b. October 2, 1932, Newton Falls, Ohio).
A sensitive, impressionistic approach to the variety of human beings resident along the Amazon's course: "a chronicle of some of the men and women who have lived, loved and died along the banks of the mighty, mighty Amazon". With considerable treatment of the Rubber Boom and its attendant horrors and glories.
1. Flora, Fauna and Force;
2. The Discovery and the Warrior Women;
3. The Battle for Possession;
4. Black Cassocks and Red Skins;
5. The War of the Cabanos (Part I);
6. The War of the Cabanos (Part II);
7. Rubber: Both Glory and Dismay;
8. The Indian;
9. Adventurers and Visitors;
10. Codajás : Portrait of an Amazonian Town;
11. The Perpetual "Land of the Future".
With bibliography and index.
Slightly rubbed & soiled, else very good. 18.00
Title: The Mighty, Mighty Amazon First American Edition
Publisher: Funk & Wagnalls, 1968,: 1968
ISBN Number: 0285500880
ISBN Number 13: 9780285500884
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 43223