Quantity: 2 available
HUME, John R. and Michael S. MOSS. A Bed of Nails : The History of P. MacCallum & Sons Ltd. of Greenock 1781-1981 : A Study in Survival. Greenock : Lang & Fulton, (1981). First Edition. Pp 148. Illustrated. Large 8vo, brown cloth.
John R Hume a longtime lecturer in Economic and Industrial History at the University of Strathclyde.
The bicentennial history of a pioneering Scotch firm, present for many of the great developments in steamship technology along the Clyde.
1. Setting the Scene;
2. Peter MacCallum & Sons : The First Hundred Years: to 1874;
3. James Lang of Dumbarton: 1805-50;
4. Through Iron to Steel : Peter MacCallum & Sons: 1874-1919;
5. Sail Away: Steam Back: Lang & Fulton: 1876-1922;
6. Steel through the Storm" 1919-45;
7. 'Finished with Engines':1945-74;
8. Security for the Future: 1974-82.
With ship lists, bibliography and index.
Foreword by Dr Thomas R. Craig.
Gift inscription, else very good in dustjacket. 40.00
Title: A Bed of Nails: The History of P. MacCallum & Sons Ltd. of Greenock 1781-1981: A Study in Survival. in dj.
Publisher: Lang & Fulton, Greenock, 1981,: 1981
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 29880