Quantity: 3 available
WOODWORTH, Marguerite. History of the Dominion Atlantic Railway. N.pl.: Dominion Atlantic Railway, October, 1936. First Edition. "Printed by the Kentville Publishing Co.,Ltd., Kentville, Nova Scotia ". Pp (6),-159,(1) + 17 leaves of plates (with 26 b&w photos and 6 drawings) . 8vo (150 x 228 mm), light brown side-stapled camel textured (faux suede) cardcovers with raised black lettering and a DAR device in olive to the front cover and a blank spine.
Not in Watters, Rhodenizer, or Laugher.
Marguerite A. Woodworth (b. 1899, Kentville – d. January 16, 1967, Kentville) was the chief purchasing agent at the DAR head office in the Kentville Station in the 1930s.
Early Roads, Transportation and Agriculture in the Western Counties.
2. 1827-1854: Steamboats in Nova Scotia --
Economic and Railway Confusion --
The Nova Scotia Railway Act, 1854.
3. 1854-1863: The Nova Scotia Railway --
Windsor Branch --
Interest Awakened in Agriculture.
4. 1864-1868: The Western Extension --
The Windsor & Annapolis Railway Co. Formed and Construction Commenced.
5. 1868-1870: Completion of the Windsor & Annapolis --
Opening of the Line --
The Saxby Gale --
The Windsor Branch --Line Turned over to the Company by the Contractors.
6. 1870-1873: Windsor & Annapolis Railway --
Financial Difficulties --
Windsor Branch Agreement --
Mr. Mann and Mr. Innes --
Vernon Smith Resigns.
7. 1872-1880: The Windsor & Annapolis Railway under Peter Innes --
The Windsor Branch --
Suit against W.C.R. and the Government.
8. 1870-1880: The Western Counties Railway and the Windsor Branch.
9. 1879-1895: Plans for Consolidation --
The Case of the Windsor Branch --
Cornwallis Valley Railway --
The 'Missing Link' --
The Dominion Atlantic Railway.
10. 1895-1908: The Dominion Atlantic Steamships.
11. 1897-1915: The D.A.R. under P. Gifkins --
The Midland Railway --
D.A.R. acquired by the Canadian Pacific Railway --
Sale of Steamships --
Retirement of Mr. Gifkins.
12. 1915-1936: Reorganization and Modernization of D.A.R. --
George E. Graham --
Grand Pré Park --
New Phase of the Tourist Industry.
13. The Apple Industry --
Its Gradual Development --
The Dominion Atlantic's Service to Shippers.
14. The Dominion Atlantic Railway Symbolic of Unification and Progress --
As a Subsidiary of the Canadian Pacific and under Its Present Managing Head a Powerful Instrument in the Welfare of the Province.
Includes photos of the SS Prince George, the SS Yarmouth, the Canadian Pacific's SS Princess Helene, and M.V. Kipawo.
A very good, tight, bright copy. 125.00
Title: History of the Dominion Atlantic Railway. First Edition
Publisher: 1936,: 1936
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 15851
Keywords: NOVA SCOTIA RAILWAY RAIL TRAINS TRANSPORTATION CANADA DAR DOMINION ATLANTIC CPR CANADIAN PACIFIC CANADIAN TRANSPORT HISTORY WINDSOR ANNAPOLIS NAUTICAL MERCANTILE STEAMSHIPS LOCAL KINGS COUNTY HANTS,