Quantity: 1 available
LUBBOCK, Basil. The Nitrate Clippers.With illustrations. Boston : Charles E. Lauriat Company, Publishers. Pp. (6),vii-xii,1-159,(1), frontispiece + 31 pages of plates and 1 folding plate. Illustrated. Maps to endpapers. Large 8vo, blue cloth with gilt lettering to spine, t.e.g.
Alfred Basil Lubbock, MC (b. 9 September 9, 1876, London - d. September 3 or 4, 1944 at Monks Orchard, Seaford, East Sussex).
1. The Glamour of the West Coast of South America;
2. Trade on the Coast;
3. Cheering the Homeward Bounder;
4. The Dangers and Difficulties of the West Coast Navigation;
5. Earthquakes and Tidal Waves;
6. The Tragedy of the Avonmore at Huanillos;
7. The Great Valparaiso Earthquake;
9. The Wreck of the Fyledale;
10. Fun on the Coast;
11. The Caleuche;
12. The Nitrate Ports.
The second part (which encompasses roughly two-thirds of the volume) deals with the clippers themselves.
Spotting to fore-edge, else vg in lightly wrinkled, nicked, unclipped dustjacket. Scarce American printing. 150.00
Title: The Nitrate Clippers. First American Edition in dustjacket
Publisher: Charles E. Lauriat Company, Publishers, Boston, 1932,:
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 78449