Quantity: 4 available
RAWLYK, G.A. Yankees at Louisbourg. Orono, Maine : University of Maine Press, 1967. First Edition. Pp [i-xviii,-209,(3). With maps and a few illustrations in the text. 8vo, illustrated white and brown card covers, white spine with black lettering.
Tennyson 419, Tennyson, Cape Bretoniana 1065.
Bulletin of the University of Maine, Vol.69, No.19, April 13,1967.
University of Maine Studies, Second Series, No.85.
George Alexander Rawlyk (b. May 19, 1935, Thorold, Ontario - d. November 23, 1995, Ottawa).
1. The French Attacks Upon Canso and Annapolis (May-October 1744);
2. Massachusetts Response to French Aggression;
3. Plans for the Capture of Louisbourg (1744-5);
4. Organizing the Expedition (February-March 1745);
5. Canso (April-May 1745);
6. Louisbourg (November 1744-April 1745);
7. The Gabarus Bay Landing;
8. The Taking of the Grand Battery;
9. Siege Preliminaries (May 14-20);
10. Siege and Blockade (May 21-June 7);
11. Pepperrell, Warren and the Fall of Louisbourg.
With bibliographical note, footnotes [i.e. endnotes], and index.
Light rubbing to covers, else very good. 30.00
Title: Yankees at Louisbourg. First Edition.
Publisher: University of Maine Press, Orono, Maine, 1967,: 1967
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 9953