Quantity: 3 available
STEPHENSON, Don with Ray STASZKO. Lightning, Champagne and Silverware : Three Intense Sailing Adventures. Hantsport, Nova Scotia : Lancelot Press, (1994). First Printing. Pp -146 including an eight-page illustration section. 8vo, photo-illustrated blue-green card covers, white lettering to spine.
Don B. Stephenson (b. 1947, Calcutta - d. 1987, Halifax) yachtsman and dentist.
"'Lightning, Champagne and Silverware' tells of the drama and excitement of three sailing adventures -- an ill-fated attempt to sail from Halifax to Bermuda in a 24-foot sloop; a successful sailr from Portugal across the Atlantic Ocean; and a victory in the famous Marblehead Yacht Race. THe author's enthusiasm for these adventures and his love of ships an the sea shine forth throughout the book. This account is an enjoyable reading experience both for those who sail and for those who just like an exciting story." - from the rear cover.
The chapters [un-numbered in the text] are:
1. Bermuda Triangle or Bust;
2. Bermuda Two: There is Nothing More Efficient Than Scared Man With a Bucket;
3. Bermuda Three: Catching Lunch on the Fly;
4. Antigua : Topless Crew on a Bottomless Blue ;
5. Antigua Two : Running Out of Champagne;
6. Marblehead : Night of The Barking Dogs;
7. Marblehead Two : Sailing In Circles;
8. Marblehead Three : Stealing The Silverware.
Very good. NOTE: Due to its small size, shipping charges should be a bit cheaper than quoted. 15.00
Title: Lightning, Champagne and Silverware : Three Intense Sailing Adventures. First Edition
Publisher: Lancelot, 1994, ISBN:0889995516: 1994
ISBN Number: 0889995516
ISBN Number 13: 9780889995512
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 81350