Title: A Tree for Poverty : Somali Poetry and Prose. Paperback facsimile reprint
Publisher:  McMaster University Library Press / Irish University Press, 1970, 1970
ISBN Number: 071651415X / 9780716514152
Seller ID: 28073
LAURENCE, Margaret. A Tree for Poverty : Somali Poetry and Prose. Collected by Margaret Laurence. (Shannon, Ireland) : McMaster University Library Press / Irish University Press, (1970). "Printed in the Republic of Ireland at Shannon by Robert Hogg Printer to Irish University Press". Pp (4),[v]-vi,(4),-146,(4). 8vo (135 x 209 mm), tan card covers, red lettering to front cover & spine.
Jean Margaret Laurence, CC (née Wemyss) (b. July 18, 1926, Neepawa, Manitoba – d. January 5, 1987, Selwyn, Ontario) was a Canadian novelist and short story writer, and is one of the major figures in Canadian literature.
A facsimile reprint of the Nairobi 1954 edition of Margaret Laurence's first book.
II. Somali Poetry: Belwo -- Gabei.
III. Somalie Prose:
1. 'Igaal Bowkahh,
2. The Strange and Terrible Camel,
3. How the Meat was Divided,
4. Right and Wrong,
5. The Jinna,
6. The Man Who had Four Wives,
7. High or Low,
8. The Cheating Lesson,
9. The Townsman,
10. The Blind Sheikh.
1. Ahmed the Woodseller,
2. How Donkeys Came to Be,
3. Nebii Hhudur and the Camel Bone,
4. Nebii Hhudur and the Dish of Jowari,
5. Abana Wys and the Tub of Oil,
6. Abana Wys and the Bedbugs,
7. The Beard of Abana Wys,
8. Abana Wys and the Two Corpses,
9. Abana Wys and the Blind Thief;
1. the Great Surprise,
2. Tale of Two Thieves,
3. The Man Who Swore Falsely,
4. The Four Wise Counsellors,
5. The Ghee and the Milk,
6. Midgan Stories,
7. Wiil Waal and the Sheep's Gullet,
8. Wiil Waal and the Silver Ring,
9. Wiil Waal and the Wisest Man,
10. Wiil Waal and the Cowardly Warriors,
11. Wiil Waal and the Midgan's Well,
12. Arawailo and the Climbing of Mil-Milac,
13. The Death of Arawailo,
14. The Story of Deg-Der,
15. The Story of Darod,
16. The Story of Sheikh Au Barkhadleh,
17. The Story of Sheikh Ishaak.
Very good. 30.00