CUNNINGHAM, J. Fraser.
Title: History of District VI Gyro International 1922-1986.
Publisher:  Lancelot Press, Hantsport, N.S., 1987,
Seller ID: 88265
CUNNINGHAM, J. Fraser. History of District VI Gyro International 1922-1986.(Hantsport, N.S.: Lancelot Press, 1987). Pp -138,(2). 8vo, illustrated white card covers. Gyro International is a non-profit social, service, and fraternal club for men located in the United States and Canada. Gyro was founded in April 1912 in Cleveland, Ohio. The primary purpose of the club is the promotion of friendship. In the beginning District VI was all the territory east of a line drawn north -south from Quebec to Hartford, Connecticut, today it includes only Maine and the Atlantic Provinces. A Dalhousie law student from Victoria, B.C. introduced Gyro to Halifax in 1922. Clubs were formed in St. John in 1922, New Glasgow in 1925, Charlottetown in 1928(1990), Kentville in 1935, Windsor in 1938, Dartmouth in 1956, Truro in 1960, Sackville, N. S. in1979, Riverview in 1980, Sussex in 1981,and 11 other communities including Boston and Bangor. Today there are 9 active Clubs. J. Fraser Cunningham was born in Stellarton on March 15, 1916. He joined the Gyro Club of New Glasgow in 1951 and was elected President in 1970, and Governorof District VI in 1976. Very good. 12.00